Just a quick post on some Markdown rendering issues I recently ran into on Hackage. They were very annoying as the markup was properly rendered on github, and I could not spot any obvious problems.
1. First header is rendered as the original markup
Solution: there is an invisible Unicode byte order mark in the beginning of the file. Seemingly Hackage does not like Unicode.
2. Subsequent lists are merged
You have a markup like this:
* list1_item1 * list1_item2 Something in between * list2_item1 * list2_item2 Something to the end
But you get something like this:
- list1_item2 Something in between
- list2_item2 Something to the end
Solution: you have Windows line endings. Obviously Hackage does not like Windows line endings.